December 2023 Update
I’m so excited for the holidays—a time to come together, create memories, and explore the beauty of winter. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I reveled in the breathtaking views of snow-capped Mount Lassen from a charming mountain cottage.
For all you adventure enthusiasts, discover what essentials intrepid traveler and Two Wheeled LIfe blogger Margaret Vatman carries on the daily and why she loves the Lauren Sport bag in our “What’s in Your Bag?” feature.
With the holiday hustle in full swing, we get the need for easy gift-giving. That’s why we’ve put together a MotoChic® “Favorite Things” list.
And for our littlest moto enthusiasts, check out our latest MotoChic® Book Pick: The Adventures of Mimi and Moto: The Motorcycle Monkeys. It’s a delightful read that’ll rev up their imaginations!
Sending warm wishes your way this season!
What’s in Your Bag?
We first met Margaret Vatman, a seasoned traveler and Two Wheeled Life blogger, when she joined the MotoChic “Sisters of the Traveling Lauren Sport Bag”. She was the first of five fearless women road that road tested the Lauren Sport by passing it from rider to rider on their two-wheeled adventures across the country. Recently, we caught up with Margaret in her hometown of Vancouver Island, discovering her enduring love for the Lauren Sport, now her everyday purse, and the essentials she carries in it.
“I was first introduced to MotoChic® a little over 6 years ago. In the beginning of 2017, I signed up to be a product tester for the Lauren (Sport) bag on a trip across Western Canada. As we all know, life happens. My husband was involved in a serious motorcycle accident and all plans to ride from Vancouver Island to Ottawa for our nation’s 150th birthday celebration were put on hold.
This didn’t stop me from making shorter trips that were curtailed in and around my area and this is when the magic happened. I fell in love with this bag. Yes, the price is a bit dear, but I believe it is well worth it. The reflective panel in the back, the ease of converting the Lauren over to a backpack and adjusting the straps is quick and easy. I started using it as an overnight luggage bag then quickly realized I didn’t need to use it only for riding. And it became my everyday “purse.”
It easily accommodated a standard laptop and power cord with enough room for 2 scheduler books and a change of clothes if need be. The finish on the zippers makes it water resistant and the side pockets make it so easy to make smaller items quickly accessible is an amazing option.
I cannot say enough about this bag. I’ve been using it consistently almost every day for the past 6 years and there is very little wear in evidence. The materials and manufacturing of this piece of (what I consider) essential everyday bag is superior to many other bags I’ve used over the years and destroyed in a short amount of time due to normal wear and tear.
I have always been a gadget girl, so this will be reflected in my choices of what I carry. A luminade solar charging ‘camping light” that will also charge your cell phone if you are camping and don’t have a power supply or if you bring your charging cable it will charge your iWatch as well.”
Would I recommend this bag even after this amount of time? 100% absolutely.— Marg Vatman
Compact is the word of the day.
“Although I’ve never sprung a leak with my Lauren – I will always wrap everything in ‘ziplock’ bags. Nothing sucks more than getting stuck in a monsoon and having no dry clothes to change into. As well, with the ziplock type of bag this squeezes the air out making things even more compact. Again – key words are ‘compact’ and ‘portable’. The smaller the items the better off.
Also, when traveling for long distances, I put a small ziplock bag with sheets of laundry detergent in case I have to wash clothes in a bathroom sink.
All in all, my MotoChic Lauren Sport is my go-to for every day commuting and motorcycle traveling with an amazing amount of space and compartments that allow me to stay organized without having to sacrifice necessities.
Would I recommend this bag even after this amount of time? 100% absolutely!”
MotoChic Holiday Offer: Buy a Lauren, get a free Valerie bag
Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, MotoChic® has you covered! When you purchase The Lauren or The Lauren Sport convertible backpack, you’ll receive a complimentary Valerie Essentials Bag as a bonus gift to give…or keep for yourself. Be sure to purchase by December 6th for international and by December 15th for domestic orders to have your goodies by Christmas!
MotoChic® Favorite Holiday Things Checklist
Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, and MotoChic® are a few of our favorite things! This holiday season, give the gift of style and adventure with MotoChic Gear®!
For the Fashionistas
- The Dakota Wallet: Versatile and chic, the Dakota Wallet made from rich, vegetable-tanned leather is perfect for any look. Carry it in your pocket, around your wrist, or attach it to a belt loop. Its unique patina develops over time, ensuring it’s one-of-a-kind.
- The Madison Bracelet: Handcrafted by SPM Design Works in the U.S.A., the Madison Bracelet is a stylish accessory with rich, rugged leather and brass-tone accents. Available in three colors—red, tan, and black—each bracelet is unique and adds a striking touch to any outfit.
- Performance Socks: Forget ordinary socks; our sock are both fashionable and functional. With 25 mmHg compression, these knee-high socks for men and women are designed to make you look and feel outstanding.
For the Adventurers
- The Lauren and The Lauren Sport: Our patented bags are a top pick for functionality and design. Whether commuting to work or heading to a concert, The Laurens transform from a streamlined backpack to a versatile tote. Perfect for any adventure, big or small.
- The Indy Men’s Riding Jacket: For the action-adventure hero, the Indy Men’s Riding Jacket is made from high-quality drum-dyed naked cowhide. With adjustable side belts and Dupont™ Kevlar® reinforcements on the shoulders and elbows, it blends safety and style seamlessly.
- The Ryman Riding Jacket: A classic motorcycle style for ladies, this jacket features a snap-down lapel, collar, adjustable belt, and asymmetrical zipper. Its removable sweatshirt and insulated zip-out thermal liner make it the ideal all-season riding jacket.
Still can’t decide? Give the gift of choice with a MotoChic® gift card!
MotoChic® Book Pick
The Adventures of Mimi and Moto: The Motorcycle Monkeys. Mimi and Moto are adorable monkeys that ride dirt bikes, sportbikes, choppers, cruisers, cafe racers, and even a sidecar! Geared for ages 1 & up, you can discover their fun series of books here.