Spring 2021 Update
Happy vernal equinox! We’re sure you’re as thrilled as we are to welcome warmer weather and longer days, giving us more opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors and be more active after a long winter of social distancing and sheltering in place.
This Spring, we’re taking inspiration from Women’s History Month and modern day role models such as Mia (see “What’s in Your Bag?”) while looking forward to a return to safe travels. You may want to check out a few of the upcoming getaways for women listed below. What’s on your bucket list of dream destinations? To quote Robin Williams, Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!”
WHAT’S IN YOUR BAG?
Meet Mia, an operations manager, mom, foodie, textile hobbyist, and avid rider who recently discovered MotoChic by googling “The Good Doctor motorcycle backpack”. The hit TV series is set in a fictional hospital in San Jose, California where Mia can be found riding her red hot Triumph in real life.
Mia is the embodiment of MotoChic and we are thrilled to share her love story with motorcycles and the Lauren Bag.
My interest in motorcycles began with a high school crush… a Honda VFR. I tracked a Honda CBR with which I never reached the podium, but I managed to never place last.Then I went on hiatus to focus on my favorite activity… being a mom.
Pre-COVID-19, I commuted to and from my office and meetings every day. Managing operations means attending lots of meetings in different locations. Lane-splitting optimizes my commute time, and parking is never a problem. On weekends, I enjoy heading for the hills or the coast. And, I’m always in pursuit of coffee and new food spots.
My Lauren backpack holds what I need and then some for both work and play. It comfortably anchors to me through cornering and high winds without restricting my movement. It’s got style. And it matches my bike!
- Hand sanitizer and wipes. The extra packet of wipes is for bbq and bug carnage
- Protein bar because I should not ride hangry
- Charmander power bank (not just to Pokemon Go)
- Leak proof food containers for take out and leftovers
- Hat for helmet hair
- Gloves, glove liners, oh wait… another pair of gloves (I have temperature control issues)
- Do you know where your towel is? Mine’s in my Lauren backpack!
- Diddy bag:
• hair bands… not the Bon Jovi variety, but to replace the ones that have blown out of my hair while riding
• mints because burping barbecue in the helmet with the shield down is very unpleasant
• Leatherman tool because “teeth are not tools”
- My phone in its gigantic but hard-to-lose case
- And room for any beverages purchased from the Napa region
What’s in your bag? Email us at [email protected] We’d love to share your story!
SPRING TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
After a solitary winter and year of being cooped up due to the pandemic, we can’t wait to get back to travel and outdoor adventures. Whether you’re day tripping or traveling the globe, we’ve put together a list of items that will make life easier and more comfortable.
Fashion meets function as this keychain with fringed tassel conceals a lighting to USB charging cable for keeping your iPhone charged while on the go.
Designed in partnership with VnM Sport, the MotoChic Special Edition base layer top cools your body, protects against the sun with SPF 15 fabric, and reduces muscle fatigue while riding, biking, hiking, or doing any high performance sport or exercise. Made to order in men’s and women’s sizes and your choice of colors.
Enjoy convenient, hands-free carrying with a built-in pocket for credit cards or ID on the back and easy access to your phone’s screen & buttons from the front.
This stylish and versatile bag is perfect for taking essentials with you and can be worn in 5 different ways: cross body, hand, shoulder, waist or around the wrist.
Protect yourself from sun rays and helmet hair. Available in a choice of 4 colors, these MotoChic caps glow-in-the dark!
- April 3-4: The Dreamery Conference is a virtual event presented by Wild Ride celebrating and empowering women in powersports and outdoor adventures.
- April 30–May 1: Get Your Groove On Woodstock, Illinois Midwest Women Riders & Women Riders Motorcycle Group USA presents one of the largest women’s events in the Midwest.
- May 1: International Female Ride Day (IFRD) celebrates the cultural, social and active lifestyles of women who ride and enjoy motorcycling.Visit the Motoress site for more info on how to get involved.
- May 8–9 Sheemotos Curves & Corners Ladies Track Weekend Thunderhill Raceway Park West Willows, California. [email protected] and Sheemotos are teaming up for an amazing 2 day track event for ladies that also raises money and awareness for women with PTSD recovery.
- May 13-16 Outdoor Retreats For Women Escape To Oregon with AdventurUs Women. Their May Escape weekend to Bend, OR will be the perfect occasion to welcome spring, the weather just right for hiking, biking, climbing and more.
- May 21–23 Yeehaw! The Litas HTX Annual Campout Splendora, Texas. The Litas HTX (Houston) is hosting its first ever annual campout. This event is designed to increase wind sisterhood with welding and pinstripe workshops, flat track racing, group rides, art, tattoos, and more.
- May 28–30 Ruts to Racelines MK’s Women’s Moto Extravaganza Track & Dirt Garysburg, North Carolina. Ruts to Racelines is dedicated to providing a less intimidating and fun atmosphere for women to build their skills and confidence whether riding dirt bikes or street bikes on the track.
- June 4-6th Babes Ride Out East Coast, hosted in Narrowsburg, NY, it’s a ladies only weekend riding event and campout that takes you on some of the most beautiful routes in the lower Catskills.
- June 17–19 Mid-Atlantic Women’s Motorcycle Rally (MAWMR) York, Pennsylvania. Women-only event that features rides, seminars, contests, and entertainment nightly. All proceeds go to organizations that provide emotional and financial support to women battling cancer.
- June 24-27 Outdoor Retreats For Women Escape to Colorado with AdventurUs Women for some Rocky Mountain summer fun! All-inclusive retreat weekends include all classes and workshops taught by women guides, all the gear needed, all food & beverages, evening entertainment, and on-site lodging.
- Native Moto Adventures – based in scenic San Francisco and in Lake Tahoe, they carefully plan, curate, and lead customized California backroad day tours and unforgettable private multi-day motorcycle adventures.
MotoChic continues to make headlines in powersports and travel news.
January 15 is National Hat Day
“MotoChic accessories has teamed up with a local Bay Area artisan to introduce some must-have hats to brighten up 2021: Light Up Baseball Caps and Glow in the Dark Field Caps.” Read More
A LUXURY TRAVEL BLOG
Top 10 luxury travel gifts for her this Christmas
“Not only is it (The Lauren Sport bag) perfect for the traveler, but also the working woman, mom, student, athlete, fashionista and everything in between. It is versatile, durable, and well made. Active women love its ability to transform from a chic backpack into a classy, carry-all tote bag in seconds. And there’s even space for all of life’s necessities from day to night.” And of course, it makes a great gift for yourself anytime of the year! Read more
I hope Spring will bring you lots of carefree and fun days ahead!